Mac the Scope
Multifunction signal analyzer
Channel D Pro Audio Product - Professional quality signal analyzer, vector trace oscilloscope and 1/3 octave RTA - includes a spectrogram / sonogram display and a versatile, easy to use, precision waveform and signal generator.
- Uses native Macintosh sound input capabilities or third party I/O device support (via Apple CoreAudio)
- Sound output port may simultaneously be used for test signal generation ("full duplex") with Waavebox
- Offline file analysis: arbitrary sample rates (up to 2 GHz), 8 / 16 / 20 / 24 / 32 bits per sample, arbitrary number of channels, AIFF and Sound Designer II file support
- The 1/3 octave RTA pioneered the use of digitally implemented analog filters (as we first demonstrated in 1999 at MACWORLD EXPO, San Francisco, and at the Audio Engineering Society Convention in New York) for unprecedented amplitude accuracy, out of band signal rejection and transient response for an RTA on a personal computer
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.6 and later (including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard), G3, G4, G5, Intel processor
- Uses Macintosh native (16 / 24-bit) input and output for audio frequency analysis (nothing extra to buy)
- Uses third party input devices (not limited to audio frequencies)
- Uses analyze AIFF, Sound Designer II / interleaved binary files - again, not limited to audio frequencies - arbitrary sample rates and word sizes (8, 16, 24, 32 bits)
- Customizable Software Features: license only what you need
- Multithreaded i/o and processing kernel
- Improved, faster, precision swept sine measurements
- Waavebox signal generator
- Ultra-flat pink noise (+ / - 0.15 dB, 20 Hz - 16 kHz measured with 1/3 octave RTA); switchable low cut filter (18 Hz)
- 1/3 octave RTA frequency range has been extended to cover bands to as low as 2.5 Hz - while providing nearly perfect amplitude accuracy (+ / - 0.05 dB, 20 Hz - 16 kHz). The RTA uses digitally synthesized, true bandpass filters that surpass crude, hybrid FFT - based RTAs (try measuring a swept sine signal with an FFT based RTA...)
Our international customer base includes
- Audio Professionals and Enthusiasts / Hobbyists - sound reinforcement, loudspeaker measurement and design, listening room analysis, audio recording analysis
- University / Government / Industrial Laboratory Research - physics, chemistry, medicine, psychology, animal behavior, mechanical engineering
- Academic Instruction - chemistry, physics, music. Multi-license, multiuser network server installations are available.
Comments from Mac the Scope users |
Mac the Scope 4X version 4.28
Includes Mac the Scope, Waavebox, hyperlinked documentation, example automation scripts
Mac the Scope Reviews
5 out of 5 Rating for Mac the Scope 2.8.2, 3.0.2
"Channel D Mac the Scope 2.1: SOFTWARE-BASED TEST INSTRUMENTS"
Mix Magazine - February 1999 issue
Honored with an EQ Audio Engineering Society Blue Ribbon Award nomination at the 107th Audio Engineering Society Convention in New York City."
Audio Engineering Society -
Channel D's Booth at AES Convention