Info] [Downloads] [Ordering]
M-Box USB Audio Interface
Input Distortion and Noise (M-Box Gain at 1 o'clock)
Output 1 kHz Distortion and Noise (M-Box Mix Ratio
at 2 o'clock; digital waveform level -13dBFS):
Full duplex 1 kHz Distortion and Noise(M-Box Input
and Mix Ratio both at 1 o'clock; digital waveform level -13dBFS):
- Measurement software: Mac the Scope 4X 4.1, 2048 point (X2)
FFT, Square window function, linear frequency axis.
- Stimulus signal was generated by Mac the Scope / Waavebox.
Signal: 1 kHz, DIGITAL LOCK enabled, 2048 sample latency (e.g.,
- Measurements were made at 44.1 kHz sample rate (except where
noted), 24/32 bit. Channel 1 is shown, and also represents Channel
- Connections were made by connecting input and output with
1/4" TRS or TRS - XLR cable.
- Input and output gain of M-Box set to minimum, except full
duplex, where signal levels were manually adjusted to obtain
- Plot range is -160 dB to 0 dBFS.
- Reference Measurement device for input and output tests:
- Note: the M-Box has uncalibrated input and output gain pots.
After careful level matching using the Reference Measurement
Device, optimum results were obtained. Best level match to -10
dBV standard was with input and output (mix) pots set to approximately
Note: the distortion measurements may be replicated with
the free, demo version of Mac the Scope (the session timeout limit
provides ample time for making the measurement).